Who We Are
For over 50 years, Reich Tool & Design, Inc. (RTD) has been committed to providing the highest quality metal stamping dies and contract machining to a wide variety of industries and partnering with companies in the following industries: medical, automotive, appliance, aerospace, defense, power generation, and consumer products.
To meet the high standards of international quality and demonstrate their dedication to that quality, RTD is ISO9001:2008 certified and ISO 13485 certified, and is compliant with AS9100.
RTD is located in a state-of-the-art facility, the "RTD Innovation Center." It is a 52,000 square-foot facility on a 44 acre site located in the Silver Spring Technology Park in Menomonee Falls (Milwaukee), WI. Reich Tool has engineered a 30,000 square-foot addition in preparation for servicing customers in the future.
Reich Tool & Design is a team of highly skilled professionals. Every member of thier team has spent many years enhancing their professional skills and earning a unique experience in the spheres of Machining, Prototype Development, Technical Engineering etc.
All employees are actively involved with "World Class/Lean Enterprise," a program of continuous improvement. For maximum efficiency, we practice 5-S and operate with a "Total Quality Environment" for the ultimate shop floor organization.
RTD continually works to stay on the cutting edge of technology to meet the challenges of tomorrow and beyond.
W175 N5750 Technology Drive
Menomonee Falls WI, 53051
The following activities and amenities are available to employees to support their health and wellness:
- Nutritional advice
- Nutritious on-site food choices / drinks
- Filtered / bottled water
- Weight management classes
- Stress reduction classes
- Wellness education programs
- Wellness competitions (Water and Walk Challenge, Beat the President)
- Massage therapy
- Areas for sports activity
- Voluntary health testing (biometrics, health risks)
- Access to natural ambient light
- Healthy snacks are available
- Nutritional advice is available in the employee newsletter
- RTD offers an EAP that includes a variety of classes and support for all employees
- Candy dish welcoming all employees and guests
RTD offers employees who are parents the following amenities and programs to help make their lives a little easier:
- Family centered events / celebration (walks, rides, year end party)
The following programs and areas are available for employees to meet and eat their meals:
- Cappuccino / Coffee bar
- Catered lunches
- Free coffee
- Monthly picnic lunches (May - October)
- Taco Tuesdays (May - July)
- Thanksgiving and Christmas meals offered to staff
The workspace at RTD offers the following amenities for employees;
- Casual meeting spaces, i.e. cafeteria, patio (beyond conference rooms)
- Open-plan office space
- Private spaces to work
- Central spaces for employees to gather, work, or relax
- Private restrooms
- Ability to decorate personal work space
- Most work spaces have access to natural light
The location of RTD's facility provides a fun environment for employees:
- Suburban location(s)
- Restaurants, cafés in walking distance
- Nearby yoga or athletic/fitness clubs
- Variety of establishments nearby to socialize
- Nearby walking or biking trails
- Beautiful views
- Places to relax, eat, or work outside
- Publicly offered day care facilities
- Publicly offered pet day care facilities
- Farmers market
- Financial institutions
At RTD manufacturing and distribution location, employees have access to:
- Places to sit and rest
- Comfortable break rooms
- Ergonomic mats to stand on during shifts
- Stable temperature – regulated throughout the year
- Air movement – fans and ventilation (air conditioned throughout building)
- Dehumidifier or humidifier systems
- Access to natural/ambient light
- Moderate noise
RTD offers areas where employees can have fun and play games.
- Picnic tables outside
- Basketball court area
- Bag toss
RTD offers the following employee community building activities:
- Company sponsored social gatherings
- Holiday parties and activities (Christmas Party, Thanksgiving Dinner)
- Volunteer events (Zoo Ride, LSS Ride, and Wheelin’ for Healing - Community Memorial, Heart Walk / Run, Coats For Kids, Food Pantry and Toy Collections)
- Birthday recognition
- Goal achievement celebrations
- Company blood drive
- Sports team sponsorship
- Company goal achievements
Employees have the option to participate in the following:
- Personal music choices (radio, CDs)
- Access to personal social media
- Walking / outdoor meetings
- Performance contests with prizes
- Free parking
- Formal or informal contests
- Casual dress code
- Jeans Friday in the office
At RTD, employees are eligible for health and welfare insurance on the first of the month after 30 days.
RTD pays 70% of premiums for individual health insurance plans for eligible employees.
RTD pays 70% of premiums for family health insurance plans for eligible employees.
RTD offers 401(k) employee participation effective day of hire, provided hire is 18 years old.
RTD offers Profit Sharing to active employees at time of payment based on 2 quarters of gross profit.
RTD has 2 health insurance option(s) available to employees who are eligible to receive benefits.
The following benefits are available to full-time employees at RTD:
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account - Medical & Dependent Care
- Health Insurance Spending Account
- Domestic partner benefits
- Same sex spouse benefits
- Life insurance
- Life insurance for employee's family
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary critical illness and accident plans
- Company contribution to HSA
- 12% shift premium
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection – discounted
- Auto and Home Insurance - discounted
- Employer provided safety glasses
RTD offers 19 days of vacation (including holidays) annually for employees with one year of longevity
- From day 1 - 5 years: 10 days vacation
- After 5 years, 1 additional day is added for every year (20 days max)
- 8 paid holidays and 1 floater
The following creative time-off opportunities are available:
- Flexible work hours
- Unpaid time-off to volunteer
The following incentives and programs are available to employees:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free meals
- Profit sharing
- Relocation reimbursement (case by case basis)
- Mileage reimbursement for all business miles
- Discounted fitness membership though health plan
- Subsidized vending machines
- Pizza Ovens
Owners have very strong beliefs around the mission and values of the organization and it is shared widely amongst the RTD team.
RTD is committed to the following:
- Improvement of community social needs and practices
- Care and development of employees
- Fiscal responsibility
- Values, ethics, and integrity
- Inclusion and diversity
- Green practices
- Quality, Technology, Advanced Manufacturing
RTD’s commitment applies to all business operations and location.
RTD measures their commitment to mission, vision and values in the following ways:
- Employees are trained on goals, activities and results measurement
- Executive Team reviews goals and results
- Employee Performance Management program measures employee attention and performance related to goals and results
- Measure customer satisfaction
- Employees achievement of vision and mission is part of an annual employee review
RTD has a clearly defined human rights policy regarding the protection of:
- Minority groups
- Women's rights
- Workers' rights
- Prison labor
- Child labor
RTD’s services have a direct positive contribution to your company's commitment to socially responsible efforts in the following ways:
- Our products and services contribute to improving health
- Our products and services contribute to improving community efforts (literacy, arts, charitable organizations)
- Our products and services help rebuild our local community
RTD has a full-time position dedicated to monitoring our mission, values, or ethics statement and the execution of its commitment.
RTD provides at least a living wage for all of their employees.
The following documents are available to all employees:
- Employee handbook
- Inclusion or discrimination policy
- Harassment policy
- Description of how the performance management plan works
- Description of how to apply for open positions in the company
- Safety Handbook
- SDS information
- Safety Information Posted
- Employment Laws
- Accountability Charts
- Mission Statement
- Vision Statement
- LED Board for shop communication
RTD has a published process for employees to ask questions, give feedback or complain without negative consequences.
RTD has a published process or program for employees to offer suggestions or innovations.
RTD is generous to charities and open to ideas to support.
RTD allows employees to take unpaid time off to volunteer.
Company may sponsor employee team charitable events such as:
- Zoo Ride
- LSS Ride
- Wheelin’ for Healing - Community Memorial
- Heart Walk / Run
- Hamilton High School Robotics Club
RTD is aligned with the following community groups:
- Toys For Tots
- Coats for Kids
- Menomonee Falls Food Pantry
- Christmas Clearing Council of Waukesha County – Toy Drive
RTD offers local High Schools and Technical Colleges tours of the facility and RTD supports schools through:
- Financial donations
- Mentoring at the school programs
- Apprenticeship programs
- Equipment donations for student training
RTD has a customer guarantee, customer warranty or protection policy.
RTD monitors customer satisfaction in the following ways:
- We have a written methodology to survey customers
- We survey customers annually for their level of satisfaction and input
- Current results are measured against previous results with the goal of improvement
- Processes and operations are adjusted based on customer feedback
- Current results are shared with leadership and some employees
RTD has a process for customers to ask questions, give feedback or register a problem.
RTD offers the following non-traditional work arrangements for their employees:
- High school student employment opportunities
- Paid internships
- Post retirement work
- Extended maternity / paternity leave
- Seasonal work (Summer and Holiday)
The following scheduling options are available to hourly employees:
- Choose the beginning and end hours (6am-3pm, 7am-4pm, or 8am-5pm)
- Work a reduced schedule during a certain time of the year on a case by case basis
- Decide which shift they work on a case by case basis
- Choose when they take breaks
- Choose when they take meal breaks
- Take time off during the workday to attend to important family or personal needs and they can make-up the time if they elect
- Control the amount of overtime they work
- Work a guaranteed minimum number of hours per week
- 2nd shift has option of working 4 – 10 hour days, if 40 hours are required
- 2nd shift employees have the option of work 4 – 10 hours days with no overtime option with a 6% shift differential OR working whatever hours are assigned with unlimited overtime and a 12% shift differential
On average, hourly employees know their regular work schedule 4+ weeks in advance.
Hourly employees usually know they will need to work overtime 2-6 days in advance.
- Usually a weeks notice, but hours may increase occasionally due to project need.
The following scheduling options are available to salaried employees:
- Work from home occasionally
- Resources are provided to remote employees
- Work from an alternative location to accommodate a family need
The following technologies are offered to employees to facilitate flexibility in the workplace:
- Company provided smartphones (salaried staff)
- Company subsidized smartphone usage
- Video conferencing
- Remote access to organizational computer system
- Company provided laptops/tablet computers
Employees can take unpaid time off to volunteer.
RTD offers the following time-off / vacation options for employees:
- Take an extended career break for care giving or other family responsibilities
- Unused vacation time can be carried over to future year(s) on a case by case basis
- Bereavement paid time off for the passing of their family or partner
- Time off during the workday to attend to important family or personal needs on a case by case basis
- Return to work gradually after childbirth or adoption on a case by case basis
RTD work and products are used in energy efficient type products including: Energy Star rated appliances, automobiles (Tesla), and lighting.
RTD’s Purchasing and Logistics manager overseas and coordinates activities related to recycling and energy conservation.
RTD’s facilities are located within a ½ mile of available public transportation.
When the RTD building was built and when equipment was purchased, energy conservation was an important part of the decision making process.
Water conservation is a part of RTD’s environmental policy.
Electric power conservation is part of RTD’s environmental policy.
RTD utilizes the following energy conservation/efficacy measures at their facility:
- Equipment: Energy Star Appliances / Automatic Sleep Modes / After Hours Timers
- Lighting: Natural Light / CF Bulbs / Occupancy Sensors / Daylight Dimmers / Task Lighting
- HVAC: Programmable Thermostat / Timers / Occupancy Sensors / Shade Sun-Exposed Walls / Double-Paned Windows
- ES Appliances
- Occupancy sensors for indoor and outdoor lighting
Recycling is part of RTD’s environmental policy statement.
Recycling programs are in place at RTD’s facilities including programs for:
- Paper / Cardboard
- Printer toner cartridges
- Machining scrap
- Oils and coolants
- Oil filters
RTD tracks the following recycling information:
RTD’s mission statement includes a commitment to the following:
- Care and development of employees
- Values, ethics, and integrity
- Inclusion and diversity
RTD‘s mission applies to all business operations and locations.
RTD has a clearly defined human rights policy regarding the protection of
- Minority Groups
- Women's rights
- Workers' rights
- Prison labor
- Child labor
RTD implements their inclusion and diversity commitment in the following ways:
- Equal opportunity employment policy
- Specific, targeted recruitment plans
- Prominently displayed inclusive non-discrimination policy in recruitment materials
- Philanthropic support of groups/charities relating to diverse groups
- Senior management has diverse representation
- Company owners and investors have diverse representation
The commitments above apply to the following employee groups:
- Those over 40
- LGBTQ community
- Those with disabilities
- All gender identities
RTD offers the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Paid Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Supplemental Life Insurance
- Critial Illness
- LifeLock discounted
- Auto / Home Insurance discounted
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Return to Work Program
- Short and Long-Term Disability
RTD offers parity between employees with different-sex spouses and same-sex spouses.
RTD allows non-traditional appearances (tattoos, piercings, etc.)
RTD strives to make each individual successful and offers opportunity for growth.
Fritz Reich, President, offers an orientation and communication program twice a year for new employees. The program is to showcase the history and culture of the company, and team expectations.
RTD’s budget and financial statements include a line item for employee training and development.
RTD’s training and development program is aligned with company goals and applies to all employees.
At RTD, the investment in employee training and development further aligns employees with their personal career and meets the technological needs of our customers.
At RTD, managers’ performance is appraised based on their ability to develop their employees.
Each year, RTD plans for 8 training hours for each employee.
- Company goals and objectives expect at least 8 hours per employee, but many employees exceed the minimum to as many as 20 or more hours of training.
The following training and development programs and amenities are offered to various employee groups:
- Participation in professional or trade organizations that is paid in full by the company
- Employees able to use work hours to participate in professional organization or trade association meetings, committees and events
- Employee/Peer Mentor Program (employees are mentored by their peers)
- The opportunity to work with external mentors
- Formal Apprenticeship Program
- Tuition reimbursement for degree granting education programs
- Tuition reimbursement for non-degree granting education programs
- Developmental opportunities for project assignments
- Job rotation program
- Career path planning for all employees
- Career Pathing is structured in each manufacturing department. Employees progress with experience, skills, and success.
- Machinist B then Machinist A then Tool Maker B and A as the individual progresses with experience, skill and success.
- One-to-one coaching, performance evaluations and/or 360 evaluations.
- The opportunity to cross train in skills other than those in their current job responsibilities
- Training to enhance promotability
- Training to enhance current job skills
RTD’s Apprenticeship Program is available for positions on the shop floor and is offered in partnership through the State of WI.
RTD’s Performance Evaluation program is called Performance Management Process (salaried and supervisors) and Employee Evaluation (hourly).
Each includes a self-evaluation as well as a supervisor evaluation.
RTD employees have the chance to participate in the following training and development programs:
- Communication skills
- Problem solving training
- Customer service
- Waste reduction
- Entry-level employee job skills
- Supervisory training for first time managers
- Supervisor/management skills
- How to orient a new employee
- How to be a mentor
- Accounting/finance for non-financial professionals
- Performance management plan
- Employee performance coaching
- Technical skills training
- Office skills (Microsoft Office, Excel)
- Culture/employment brand
- Consumer brand
- Time management
- Quality Methodologies (TQM, SixSigma, ISO, TPM, etc)
- As a member of MRA, a catalog of courses is offered to all employees
- Employees may participate in training classes at MATC and WCTC
- 5S (Lean Principles)
- RTD is always willing to help individuals enhance their personal skills and enhance the company’s ability to grow and serve customers
- Team members belong to a variety of professional organizations (SHRM, ASQ, APA, PMA)