Who We Are
HellermannTyton is a leading, global manufacturer of systems and solutions which help world-class customers better manage and identify wire, cable, and components. Located in over 34 countries, HellermannTyton offers an integrated approach in the design, manufacturing, and delivery of its products which result in higher quality and lower costs for our customers.
At HellermannTyton, we truly respect and value our employees and the unique skills, qualities and experience they bring to our company and our brand. We strive to create a positive and vibrant working environment that fosters collaboration and creativity, and rewards hard work and achievement. Our goal is to hire the best talent and give them the opportunities and tools to create a challenging and fulfilling career at HellermannTyton. Our employees take pride in creating, manufacturing, and marketing the highest quality products and share in our commitment to continuous improvement.
Delivering Results, the HellermannTyton Advantage
HellermannTyton is an innovative, global company in many diverse markets and industries. Recognizing that our most valuable resource is our people, our goal is to provide employees with the opportunity to expand their realm of knowledge and experience. We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and seek employees up to the challenge of developing their leadership and professional skills.
Our Values include:
- Easy to do business with
- Continuous Improvement
7930 N. Faulkner Road
Milwaukee WI, 53224
HellermannTyton offers employees who are parents the following amenities and programs to help make their lives a little easier:
- Private space for nursing mothers
- Family centered events/celebrations
- Hosts an Annual Employee Family Festival Event!
HellermannTyton offers the following service that help employees with day-to-day non-work needs:
- Travel agency services for personal use
The following activities and amenities are available to employees to help support their health and wellness:
- Nutritional advice
- Nutritious on-site food choices
- Filtered / bottled water
- Weight management classes
- Quit smoking classes
- Stress reduction classes
- Wellness education programs
- Wellness competitions
- On-site fitness trainer
- Massage therapy
- On-site showers/locker facilities - some locations
- Biking or hiking trails nearby - some locations
- On-site nurse / doctor - Headquarters only
- Massage therapy
- Voluntary health testing (biometrics, health risks)
- Access to natural ambient light - some locations
- Clean air / good ventilation
- Private restrooms
- Low noise
- The Sensia Wellness Program that rewards employees in cash annually based on points earned
- The Wellness Committee also schedules Lunch N' Learns several times a year to eat together and learn about healthy cooking, wellness activities, and more!
The following programs and areas are available for employees to meet and eat their meals:
- Cappuchino / Coffee bar
- Catered lunches - (Quarterly!)
- Free coffee and hot chocolate!
HellermannTyton offers the following employee community building activities:
- Company sponsored social gatherings
- Volunteer events
- Friday night socials
- Work anniversary recognition
- Goal achievement celebrations
- HellermannTyton has a company match (up to $300 annually) for employees charitable donations and include run/walk event-type participation
- Employee Teams have participated in Tough Mudder, Heart Walk, Ice Bucket Challenge
The following eco-conscious options are available to employees at all locations:
- Access to public transportation
- Bike parking
Employees have the option to participate in the following:
- Personal music choices
- Access to social media
- Company coordinated discounts with partner companies
- Walking/outdoor meetings
- Performance contests with prizes
- Free parking
- Relaxed business casual Monday-Thursday and Jeans Friday in the office
HellermannTyton has a employee newsletter that is published 6 times a year that recognizes new employees, company activities and work anniversaries.
HellermannTyton pays at least 70% of the individual and family health insurance plans for eligible employees.
Employees are offered, prior to one full year of employment, a full match towards an Employee Retirement Plan, 401(k), or pension.
- The full match is up to 2% starting on day one. Additionally,discretionary profit sharing dollars are added to a 401(k)
In addition to health care coverage, HellermannTyton offers the following benefits to full-time employees after 60 days of employment:
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance - (eye exams)
- Short-term disability - after one year of employment
- Long-term disability - after one year of employment to eligible employees
- Flexible Spending Account
- Individual life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary accident plans
- Employees can purchase additional life and add insurance for dependents or themselves
- Life insurance is offered free to employees with an annual salary capping at $50,000
- HellermannTyton's plan also pays the first $1,500 on a family deductible, or $750 on an individual deductible for a medical plan
Employees are given more than 24 days of paid time-off annually.
The following financial incentives are offered to employees when appropriate:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Subsidized fitness or weight loss programs (WAC)
- Discounts for other services and products - such as automobiles!
- Survivor benefits beyond life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Relocation reimbursement
- Personal finance assistance coaching - through 401(k) administrator
- Incentive bonuses
- On-site fitness classes
The company went public in May 2013 and all employees with at least one year of service received an amount of shares based on longevity.
HellermannTyton has a mission statement that highlights its commitment corporate and social responsibility, philanthropy, ethics, integrity, and values.
- Customers First - HellermannTyton's mission is to provide innovative solutions, with customer satisfaction as our first priority. We aspire, through global leadership and quality products that add value to electrical and communication networks, to be the customers' partner of choice. We aim to achieve world class operational excellence through the benefit of our customers, our employees, and the interaction with our business with the environment.
The company is committed to:
- Improvement of community social needs and practices
- Care and development of employees
- Fiscal responsibility
- Values, ethics, and integrity
- Inclusion and diversity
- Green practices
- Equal Employment Opportunities
HellermannTyton uses the following types of reporting to measure the commitments and achievements related to the mission statement:
- Quantifiable goals are documented
- Goals are clearly described to employees
- Activities that achieve goals are documented
- Employees are trained on goals, activities, and results measurement
- Year-over-year results are measured and published
- Third party validation for results measurement
- Board of Directors or other governing body reviews goals and results
- Employee Performance Management Program measures employee performance related to goals
- Screening process to review material and products are based on meeting socially responsible efforts
Employees can participate in WIN, a program that encourages lean processes and programs. All employees are trained in WIN and awarded for their ideas.
HellermannTyton has a clearly defined Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity statement and Ethics Policy.
The following ways the company's products and services have a direct positive contribution to its commitment to socially responsible efforts:
- Improvement of health
- Improvement of community efforts (literacy, arts, charitable organizations)
- Help towards rebuilding of local community
The company forfeited their holiday party to give the money towards rebuilding communities after Hurricane Sandy. Cable ties were also donated to help contain displaced animals from the storm.
The following documents are available to all employees:
- Employee handbook
- Inclusion or discrimination policy
- Harassment policy
- Description of performance management plan
- Directions on how to post for open positions within the company
The company matches dollar for dollar employee contributions to charities (up to $300 each). The program is called the Community Involvement & Charitable Donations Policy.
The following charities and organizations receive contributions from HellermannTyton:
- Toys for Tots
- Hunger Task Force
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- Susan G. Komen Foundation
Employees determine all or part of the company's time, talent, and financial contributions.
Customer satisfaction is monitored in the following ways:
- Written methodology to survey customers
- Ongoing customer survey to measure level of satisfaction and input
- Current results are measured against previous results with the goal of improvement
- Current results are shared with employees
- Processes and operations are adjusted based on customer feedback
HellermannTyton offers the following non-traditional work arrangements for its employees:
- Project only work assignments (defined beginning and end goals)
- Temporary work assignments
- Paid internships
The following scheduling options are available to hourly (non-salaried) employees on a case-by-case basis:
- Choice of beginning and end hours
- Change from full-time to part-time without losing position or level
- Decision of which shift to work
- Choice of when to take breaks and meals
- Time off during the workday to attend to important family matters
- Control of amount of overtime
Employees are aware of their work schedules at least 4 weeks in advance.
The following scheduling options are available to salaried employees on a case-by-case basis:
- Choice of beginning and end hours (9am-5pm or 8am-4pm)
- Change from full-time to part-time without losing position or level
- Work from home occasionally
- Access to resources for remote working
The following technologies are offered to facilitate flexibility in the workplace:
- Company provided smartphones
- Remote access to organizational computer system
- Company provided laptops/tablet computers
HellermannTyton offers the following paid time-off (PTO) options to employees:
- Use of sick time for personal time or ill dependents
- Bereavement time off for the passing of a family member or partner
- Pay-out to hourly and non-exempt salaried employees any unused paid time-off.
HellermannTyton offers the following paid time-of (PTO) options to employees on a case-by-case basis:
- Time off during the workday to attend to important family or personal needs
- Return to work gradually after childbirth or adoption
HellermannTyton showcases their commitment to the environment in the following ways:
- Environmental policy or reference to HellermannTyton's commitment in their mission statement
- Recent audit or review within the last 24 months of company's environmental impact
- Specific targeted goals to achieve in a specific time frame
- Activities and resources dedicated to achieving goals
- Ongoing review of how goals are achieved
- Facility is LEED Certified - Good Hope Location
- 25% of all products are composed of recycled products
- HellermannTyton makes products to supply customers in the Solar and Wind Industries
HellermannTyton measures its commitments and achievements related to its green policy in the following ways:
Quantifiable goals are documented
Goals are described to employees
Activities that achieve goals are documented
Employees are trained on goals, activities and results measurement
Year-over-year results are measured
Year-over-year results are published
Third party validation is utilized to measure results
Board of Directors or other governing body reviews goals and results
Written Employee Performance Management program measures employee attention and performance related to goals and results
Screening processes that review material and product purchasing decisions based on the suppliers' commitment to socially responsible efforts
- ISO 14001 Certified
100% of company facilities are located within a ½ mile of available public transportation.
Energy conservation is part of HellermannTyton's environmental policy statement.
HellermannTyton tracks the following and discloses the results to leadership:
- Amount of energy consumed and conserved
- Total investment in energy conservation programs
- Total savings or profits achieved from energy conservation programs
Electric power conservation is part of HellermannTyton's environmental policy statement.
The following energy conservation / efficiency measures are used at HellermannTyton facilities:
- Energy Star Appliances
- Automatic Sleep Modes, After Hours Timers, etc.
- Natural Light
- CF Bulbs
- Occupancy Sensors, Daylight Dimmers,Task Lighting, etc.
- Programmable Thermostat
- Shade Sun-Exposed Walls, Double-Paned Windows, etc.
Recycling is part of HellermannTyton's environmental policy statement and there are goals for both office and production facilities.
HellermannTyton participated in a third party-conducted environmental review or audit in the last 12 months.
HellermannTyton is a part of the following associations that promote environmentally sustainable practices:
- LEED -- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
- US Green Building Council ISO 14001 EMS (Environmental Management System)
A word from HellermannTyton:
"All of our WIN Lean Training is developing our staff to be more efficient, to think outside of the box, and to be creative to enable them to grow within their careers. We offer many skills based training as needed for specific individuals."
HellermannTyton's budget and financial statements include a line item for employee training and development.
The company's training and development program goals:
- There is a shortage of labor skills in injection molding processes so HellermannTyton dedicates 3-4 months to paid training for new Process Technicians to become proficient in molding processes
- 'Living as Leader' teaches leadership skills to those in supervisory or management positions
- WIN Training to teach basic career development skills
- LEAN Tool Training to teach employees the specifics of particular lean tools
Training and development programs are offered to the following employee groups:
- Supervisory or management
ALL employees participate in the following training and development programs:
- Participation in professional or trade organizations paid in full by the company
- Employees are able to use work hours to participate in professional organization or trade association meetings, committees and events
- Employee/Peer Mentor Program
- Tuition reimbursement for degree granting education
- Tuition reimbursement for non-degree granting education
- Developmental opportunities project assignments
- One-to-one coaching, performance evaluations and/or 360 evaluations
- Cross training in skills
- Training to enhance promotability
- Training to enhance current job skills
- Paid internships - salaried employees only
Supervisory and management employees participate in the following training and development programs:
- Life or career coach (internal or external resource) paid in full by the company
ALL employee groups participate in the following office skills training:
- Waste reduction
- Technical skills
- Office software skills
- Quality methodologies (TQM, SixSigma, ISO)
Supervisory and management employees participate in the following office skills training:
- Supervisory training
- Management/leadership skills
- How to orient a new employee
- Performance Management Plan
- Employee Performance Coaching