Who We Are
Core Creative is a leading voice in brand alignment. This integrated marketing communications agency advices leading corporations and health systems around the country to follow its “Say It. Live It. Share It.” branding philosophy – one that positively impacts customers, culture and community alike. Core then helps its clients plan and execute external branding, internal branding and corporate social responsibility initiatives to tell one, connected “human” story that engages audiences and turns them into word-of-mouth ambassadors.
600 W Virginia Street, Suite 700
Milwaukee WI, 53204
Core Creative has Employee Driven Culture Teams including: Core Wellness, Core Events, Core Gives, Core Welcomes, Core Rewards and Recognition and Core Digs (environmental and aesthetics). For example, the Core Wellness Team selects different monthly wellness topics and activities that may include: free chair massages, yoga classes, healthy potluck, classes (stress reduction, healthy meal instructions).
The following activities and amenities are available to employees to support their health and wellness:
- Nutritional advice
- Nutritious on-site food choices
- Filtered / bottled water
- Wellness education programs
- Wellness competitions
- Biking or hiking trails on-site or nearby
- Access to natural ambient light
- Yoga classes are offered in the building weekly
- Summer walking club
Core Creative offers employees who are parents the following amenities and programs to help make their lives a little easier:
- Openness for children to be at the workplace occasionally
- Space will be created for a nursing mother if needed
The following programs and areas are available for employees to meet and eat their meals:
- Organic / gluten-free / vegan food available
- Catered lunches regularly offered with lunch meetings
- Richard's Cafe is available on campus
- In the kitchen a pizza oven and blender is available
- Healthy vending snacks are available for employee purchase
- Colectivo and Starbucks Coffee, Tea, hot chocolate, and soda is available free for employees
The workspace at Core Creative offers the following amenities for employees;
- Casual meeting spaces (beyond conference rooms)
- Open-plan office space
- Private spaces to work
- Couches or other non-traditional comfortable seating
- Central spaces for employees to gather, work, or relax
- Intra-office communication technology (beyond email)
- Private restrooms
- Most work spaces have access to natural light
- Employees are given $50 to decorate their personal work space
- Employees can work from anywhere in the office (WIFI enabled)
The Core Creative office location provides a fun environment for employees:
- Downtown location
- Restaurants, cafés in walking distance
- Nearby shopping
- Nearby yoga or athletic/fitness clubs
- Variety of establishments nearby to socialize
- Nearby walking or biking trails
- Historic office location
- Convenient public transportation
- Beautiful views
- Places to relax, eat, or work outside
- Dog parks
- Publicly offered day care facilities
- Publicly offered pet day care facilities
- Farmers market
- Financial institutions
- Free surface parking
- Convenient highway access
- Lake, river and downtown views – the only 360 degree view of the city in the building
Core Creative offers the following employee community building activities:
- Library to access resources
- Company sponsored social gatherings
- Holiday parties and activities
- Holiday Secret Santa
- Festivus (Thanksgiving)
- Trick or Treating and costume contests
- Valentine's Day (Valentine's Day cards for Children's Hospital and Random Acts of Kindness),
- Summer Party
- Volunteer events
- Work anniversary recognition
- First Year Anniversary - Treats and flowers/balloons brought in by direct supervisor
- Five Year Anniversary - $250 gift card and lunch with a Partner at a high end restaurant
- Ten Year - $500 gift card, anniversary cake, and dinner with a Partner at a high end restaurant
- Goal achievement celebrations
- Shared special events/sports tickets
- Birthday Recognition
- Employees bring in their own birthday treats to share
- After 10 years employees are annually given their birthday off
- Core Creative participates in Adworkers Softball and Kickball Teams as well as a variety of recreational activities
The following eco-conscious options are available to employees at Core Creative:
- Bike parking
- Access to public transportation
- Subsidized public transportation (through FSA)
Employees have the option to participate in the following:
- Openness to bring dogs to work occasionally
- Personal music choices (headphones, radio, CDs)
- Access to personal social media
- Walking / outdoor meetings
- No dress code
- Company coordinated discount program with partner companies
- Performance contests with prizes
- Free surface parking
- Formal or informal contests
- Verizon cellphone discount
- “Bring It” - an employee driven recognition program
- Company-wide Staff Meetings: State of the Agency (quarterly), What's up Wednesday (every other week updates) - "transparency"
Core Creative employees work a 37.5 hour week on a regular basis.
At Core Creative, employees are eligible for health and welfare insurance benefits after one complete month on the first of the month.
Core Creative pays 50% of premiums for individual health insurance plans and 100% of premiums for individual dental insurance plans for eligible employees.
Core Creative pays 50% of premiums for family health insurance plans and 100% of premiums for family dental insurance plans for eligible employees.
Core Creative offers part-time or flex-time employees full time health care benefits to employees that work at least 30 hours per week.
Core Creative offers a 401(k) plan and Profit Sharing to all employees:
- 401K eligibility after 3 months and company contributes 3% regardless of what employee contributes.
- Profit sharing eligibility after 3 months and is based on your annual salary.
Core Creative has 2 health insurance option(s) available to employees who are eligible to receive benefits.
The following benefits are available to full-time employees at Core Creative:
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance Spending Account
- Company contributions to Health Insurance Spending Account or deductible for the PPO plan.
- Same sex spouse benefits
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Core Creative offers 27 days of paid time-off (including vacation days, sick days, personal days, holidays) annually for new employees.
- Sick days or PTO encompassing time off for ill dependents and parents
- Core Creative pays for parental leave beyond vacation, holiday, and sick pay (1 week per year of service up to 9 weeks)
The following creative time-off opportunities are available:
- Flexible work hours
- Paid time-off to volunteer
- Unpaid time-off to volunteer
- Work from home on a case-by-case basis
The following incentives and programs are available to employees:
- Subsidized fitness club membership through the health insurance plan
- Availability and/or subsidization of fitness or weight-loss coaching programs through the health insurance plan
- Profit sharing (see above)
- Paid Legal Services Program
- Free access to a Financial Planner
- Personal finance assistance coaching
- Education Credit of $500 year per employee
- Verizon Smart Phone discount plan
- Employee have access to get their will created for free
- United Healthcare Benefit Plan offers discount cards for healthy food choices at local grocers
- Free surface parking
Core Creative connects people and brands.
Say it = making brands more human.
Connect with customers across multiple channels in ways that leave a lasting impression.
Live it = making work more human.
Inspire employees to deliver exceptional brand experiences through their actions and at every touch point.
Share it = making business more human.
Foster a culture of giving that forges a connection with the community, strengthens the brand and makes a positive impact on the world.
Core Creative is committed to the following:
- Improvement of community social needs and practices
- Care and development of employees
- Fiscal responsibility
- Human rights
- Values, ethics, and integrity
- Inclusion and diversity
Core Creative measures their commitment to mission, vision and values in the following ways:
- Quantifiable goals are documented
- Goals are clearly described to employees
- Activities that achieve goals are documented
- Employees are trained on goals, activities and results measurement
- Year-over-year results are measured
- Year-over-year results are published
- Third party validation is utilized to measure results
- VP Team reviews goals and results
- Employee Performance Management program measures employee attention and performance related to goals and results
Core Creative’s services have a direct positive contribution to your company's commitment to socially responsible efforts in the following ways:
- Our products and services contribute to improving health
- Our products and services contribute to improving community efforts (literacy, arts, charitable organizations)
- Our products and services help rebuild our local community
- Our products and services contribute to improving social and economic inequality
- Core Gives: $100,000 of services donated annually, in addition Core Creative offers some pro-bono work for non-profit organizations
- Employees are allocated 10 paid hours per year to volunteer, in addition Core Creative employees have the opportunity to participate in a 1/2 day agency wide volunteer event
At Core Creative, employee committees as well as leadership monitors the mission, values, or ethics statement and the execution of its commitment (Core Gives Employee Committee and Share It program).
Core Creative provides at least a living wage for all of their employees.
The following documents are available to all employees:
- Employee handbook
- Inclusion or discrimination policy
- Harassment policy
- Description of how the performance management plan works
- Description of how to apply for open positions in the company
- Company top level financials
Core Creative's president meets with every employee annually for feedback and suggestions
Core Creative has surveyed employees regarding their satisfaction and engagement within the last 12 months.
- Employees are encouraged to volunteer outside of scheduled work hours
- Employees can take unpaid time off
- Employees are paid 10 hours annually to volunteer during their workday
Core Creative supports the following community groups:
- Broadscope Disability Services
- The Homeless Assistance Leadership Organization (HALO)
- Donna Lexa Art Centers
- Meta House
- HEAR Wisconsin
- Just One More Ministry
Employees or an Employee Committee determine all or part of the company's time, talent, and financial contributions (Core Gives).
Core Creative monitors customer satisfaction in the following ways:
- We have a written methodology to survey customers
- We survey customers annually for their level of satisfaction and input
- Current results are measured against previous results with the goal of improvement
- Current results are shared with employees
- Processes and operations are adjusted based on customer feedback
Core Creative has a regular 37.5 hour work week and offers a high level of empathy and trust for employees regarding time off for personal needs and appointments.
Core Creative offers the following non-traditional work arrangements for their employees:
- Paid internships
- Freelance projects
- Maternity and Paternity leave policy: for every year of employment, an employee gets 1 week paid leave (up to 9 weeks)
The following scheduling options are available to salaried employees on a case-by-case basis:
- Choose the beginning and end hours (9am-5pm or 8am-4pm)
- Allow salaried employees to work a part time schedule
- Choose the number of hours in a day (5 8-hour days or 4 10-hour days)
- Work a reduced schedule during a certain time of the year
- Change from full time to part time while remaining in the same position or level
- Work from home regularly
- Work from home occasionally
- Resources are provide to remote employees
- Work from an alternative location to accommodate a family need
- Decide how many hours they work in a week
The following technologies are offered to employees to facilitate flexibility in the workplace:
- Company subsidized smartphone usage
- Video conferencing
- Remote access to organizational computer system
- Company provided laptops/tablet computers
Core Creative supports employees’ commitment to social and community responsibilities:
- Employees are encouraged to volunteer outside of scheduled work hours.
- Employees can take unpaid time off to volunteer.
- Employees are paid to 10 hours annually to volunteer.
Core Creative offers the following paid time-off options for employees:
- Use of sick time for ill dependents or parents
- Carry over unused sick time to future years(s) (up to 45 hours.
- Take an extended career break for care giving or other family responsibilities (case-by-case basis)
- Unused vacation time can be carried over to future year(s) (case-by-case basis)
- Bereavement time off for the passing of their family or partner
- Time off during the workday to attend to important family or personal needs
- Return to work gradually after childbirth or adoption (case-by-case basis)
Vacation time can be used for personal time
Core Creative’s mission statement includes a commitment to the following:
- Commitment to improve community social needs and practices
- Care and development of employees
- Values, ethics, and integrity
- Inclusion and diversity
Core Creative implements their inclusion and diversity commitment in the following ways:
- Equal opportunity employment policy
- Prominently displayed inclusive non-discrimination policy in recruitment materials
- On-going management training programs for non-discrimination
- Philanthropic support of groups/charities relating to diverse groups (Women and Disability)
- Senior management has diverse representation (Women and Over 40 only)
Core Creative offers the following benefits to single, different sex spouses, family + dependents, and same sex spouses:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employer Paid Supplemental Life Insurance (employee only)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Hiring Manager and Supervisors are trained on how not to discriminate while interviewing candidates.
Core Creative offers parity between employees with different-sex spouses and same-sex spouses.
Core Creative welcomes non-traditional appearances (tattoos, piercings, etc.)
Core Creative’s budget and financial statements include a line item for employee training and development. Employees are given $500 annually to use as they choose for professional and personal development.
The purpose of Core Creative’s training and development program is to help employees grow and is aligned with the four Core Practice Areas (Health Care, Design Services, B2B, and B2C) as well as peer groups.
Core Academy, Core Creative’s training and development program, is aligned with company goals and applies to all employees.
Core Creative measures the effectiveness of their training investment by individual, and learning is documented and shared.
At Core Creative, managers’ performance is appraised based on their ability to develop their employees.
Each year, Core Creative plans for 20+ training hours for each employee.
The following training and development programs and amenities are offered to various employee groups:
- Discretionary training dollars that employees can spend however they choose - $500 per employee per year.
- Participation in professional or trade organizations that is subsidized by the company
- Employees able to use work hours to participate in professional organization or trade association meetings, committees and events
- One-to-one coaching, performance evaluations and/or 360 evaluations.
- Paid internships (hourly employees only)
- The opportunity to cross train in skills others than those in their current job responsibilities
- Training to enhance promotability
- Training to enhance current job skills
Core Creative employees have the chance to participate in the following training and development programs:
- Problem solving training
- Supervisor/management skills (Supervisory/ Management employees only)
- How to orient a new employee
- Accounting/finance for non-financial professionals (Supervisory/ Management employees only)
- Performance management plan
- Employee performance coaching (Supervisory/ Management employees only)
- $500 per employee annually for training
- If employees find a relevant webinar or course that is available -- employees can join and watch as a
team in the conference room
- Core Academy Training - regular lunch and learns re: specific industry trends and strategies
Employee goals are discussed during performance evaluations and Core invests in personal development aspirations.