Who We Are
Batzner Pest Control, a 3rd generation family owned pest control service provider, has protected homes and businesses in the states of Wisconsin and Illinois for 70 years. Clients rely on Batzner's legendary service each and every time. The Batzner Team is comprised of hard-working and loyal team members that share a sense of pride, integrity, customer satisfaction and forward thinking.
Headquartered in New Berlin, Wisconsin, Batzner's exclusive B.A.N. System™ is a proven solution that achieves excellent results in a wide range of commercial environments and homes. Batzner uses a partnership approach with their clients ensuring that each job is done right.
Batzner Pest Control was founded by Ed Batzner in 1946. Though much has changed in the last 65 years, a few things remain the same. The Batzner family continues to put customers first with its Legendary Service promise, unique in the pest control industry. The family remains dedicated to quality, relentless about continuous improvement and focused on making the pest control experience easy, convenient, and hassle-free.
At Batzner, business is all about relationships, innovation and the deployment of technology, led by the greatest people anywhere. Batzner feels it is their responsibility to meet or exceed the expectations of clients, prospects, employees, community and the environment.
As a Batzner team member, you can expect:
- Open communications
- A team dedicated to operational excellence
- Fair compensation
- Job security
- Safe place to work
- Advancmeent and career growth opportunities
- Family friendly organization with events
- Strong commitment to environmental concerns
- Helping others is what they do and who they are
- Excellent well rounded benefits package
- Advanced and on-going industry training – if you’re new to the industry, that’s ok!
- Commitment to work/life balance through flexible schedules
- Supportive of the communities we serve through participation in a variety of charitable and community events
16948 W. Victor Road
New Berlin WI, 53151
The following activities and amenities are available to team members to support their health and wellness:
- Nutritional advice
- Filtered / bottled water (HQ only)
- Weight management classes
- Smoking cessation classes
- Stress reduction classes
- Wellness education programs
- Access to natural ambient light
Batzner offers team members who are parents the following amenities and programs to help make their lives a little easier:
- Private space for nursing mothers (HQ only)
- Openness for children to be at the workplace occasionally (HQ only)
- Family centered events / celebration
The following programs and areas are available for team members at Headquarters to meet and eat their meals:
- Complimentary coffee
- Catered lunches occasionally to celebrate Corporate achievements
The workspace at Batzner offers the following amenities for team members who work at Headquarters:
- Ergonomic workstation options
- Casual meeting spaces (beyond conference rooms)
- Open-plan office space
- Private spaces to work
- Couches or other non-traditional comfortable seating
- Central spaces for team members to gather, work, or relax
- Intra-office communication technology (beyond email)
- Private restrooms
- Ability to decorate personal work space
- Some spaces have access to natural light
Batzner's Headquarter and field locations provide a fun environment for team members:
- Downtown location(s) (Some locations)
- Suburban location(s) (HQ only)
- Restaurants, cafés in walking distance (Some locations)
- Nearby shopping (Some locations)
- Nearby yoga or athletic/fitness clubs (Some locations)
- Variety of establishments nearby to socialize (Some locations)
- Nearby walking or biking trails (Some locations)
- Convenient public transportation (HQ only)
- Publicly offered day care facilities (HQ only)
- Publicly offered pet day care facilities (HQ only)
- Financial institutions (HQ only)
Batzner offers the following team member community building activities:
- Company sponsored social gatherings
- Holiday parties and activities
- Volunteer events
- Birthday recognition
- Work anniversary recognition
- Goal achievement celebrations
- Sports team sponsorship
- Shared special events/sports tickets
- Batzner has a competition for team member's children and grandchildren to design the company holiday card.
The following eco-conscious options are available to Headquarter team members at Batzner:
- Bike parking
- Access to public transportation
Team members have the option to participate in the following:
- Personal music choices (headphones, radio, CDs)
- Access to personal social media
- Discounts on company products
- Company coordinated discount program with partner companies
- Performance contests with prizes
- Free parking
- Formal or informal contests
- Dress Code is business casual
- Field team members have company provided uniforms
- Verizon cell phone discount
- Healthy Savings Card and fitness discounts through health care/insurance program
At Batzner, team members are eligible for health and welfare insurance benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
Batzner pays 70% of premiums for individual health insurance plans for eligible team members.
Batzner pays 70% of premiums for family health insurance plans for eligible team members.
Batzner offers part-time or flex-time team members full time health care benefits to team members that work more than 30 hours per week.
Batzner a 401K plan
- 401k employees are eligible the first of the month following 90 days of employment
- 50% match on the first 4% of the employee contribution
- Discretionary Profit Sharing.
Batzner has two health insurance options available to team members who are eligible to receive benefits.
The following benefits are available to full-time team members at Batzner:
- Dental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Domestic partner benefits
- Same sex spouse benefits
- Life insurance
- Life insurance for team member's family
- Team member Assistance Program
Batzner offers 20 days of paid time-off annually for new team members with one year of longevity.
- 10 vacation days, 2 personal days, and 8 paid holidays.
The following creative time-off opportunities are available:
- Flexible work hours
- Paid time-off to volunteer
- Unpaid time-off to volunteer
The following incentives and programs are available to team members:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Clothing allowance
- Subsidized fitness club membership
- Subsidized fitness or weight-loss coaching programs
- Company product discounts for team members
- Discounts for other services and products for team members
- Personal finance assistance coaching
- Recognition of a new family addition (aka “baby cash”)
- Flu shots
- Field and outside sales team members are provided uniforms
- Some team members are provided with a company vehicle
- Verizon cell phone discount
- 10% discount on Batzner services
- Discretionary Profit Sharing
Batzner’s Mission Statement:
Batzner strives to be the #1 pest control company in the markets that we serve.
Batzner is committed to the following:
- Improvement of community social needs and practices
- Care and development of team members
- Fiscal responsibility
- Human rights
- Values, ethics, and integrity
- Inclusion and diversity
- Green practices
Batzner’s commitment applies to all business operations and locations and has a team of executives that monitor it's mission, values and execution of it's commitment. Batzner measures their commitment to mission, vision and values in the following ways:
- Quantifiable goals are documented
- Goals are clearly described to team members
- Activities that achieve goals are documented
- Team members are trained on goals, activities and results measurement
- Year-over-year results are measured and published
- Board of Directors or other governing body reviews goals and results
- Team member Performance Management program measures Team Member attention and performance related to goals and results
- Both internal screening processed and third-party validation that review material and product purchasing decisions based on suppliers’ commitment to socially responsible efforts in the following ways
- Net Promoter Scores
- LEED Certifications
- Green Shield
- Quality Pro Green
- Quality Pro Food Safety
- Quality Pro Schools
Batzner supports human rights and the protection of:
- Minority groups
- Women's rights
- Workers' rights
- Child labor
Batzner’s services have a direct positive contribution to your company's commitment to socially responsible efforts in the following ways:
- Our products and services contribute to improving health
- Our products and services contribute to improving community efforts (literacy, arts, charitable organizations)
- Our products and services help rebuild our local community
- Our products and services contribute to improving social and economic inequality
- Many of Batzner's service programs help the underserved members of the communities we serve for example Batzner partners with city, state and federal housing programs
Batzner provides at least a living wage for all of their team members
The following documents are available to all team members:
- Team Member handbook
- Inclusion or discrimination policy
- Harassment policy
- Description of how the performance management plan works
- Description of how to apply for open positions in the company
- Training manuals
- Safety manuals SOPs
- State Certification Manuals
Batzner has a published process for team members to ask questions, give feedback or complain without negative consequences as well as a process or program for team members to offer suggestions or innovations.
Batzner's Kudo's Program is a recognition program for team members to recognize their peers.
The Batzner Learning Exchange is a digital library for team members.
Batzner has surveyed team members regarding their satisfaction and engagement within the last 12 months and conduct a survey annually.
With regard to Batzner's commitment to the community:
- Batzner selects a charity quarterly to support as well as other donations of time, talent and in kind services.
- Batzner’s team members are encouraged to volunteer outside of scheduled work hours and can take unpaid time off.
- Batzner’s team members are paid (under 24 hours per year) to volunteer during their workday.
- Team Member Volunteer activities include:
- MACC Fund Activities
- Relay for Life
- Local Churches, Religious Organizations and other Non-Profit Organizations
- New Berlin Safety Day
- Batzner is aligned with the following community groups:
- Children's Miracle Marathon
- Ronald McDonald House
- American Cancer Society - Relay for Life
- As well as these groups:
- Milwaukee County Zoo
- Friends of Wehr Nature Center
- Bug Day
- And these...
- Bat" Habitat Project
- MAAC Candy Cane Lane
- Autism Walk
- And of course, Bark for Life
- As well as these...
- Hunger Task Force
- New Berlin Good Pantry
- New Berlin Safety Saturday
- Waukesha Food Pantry
- Trees for Tomorrow
- YMCA Strong Kids
- United Way
Batzner has a written customer guarantee.
Batzner monitors customer satisfaction in the following ways:
- We have a written methodology to survey customers
- We survey customers annually for their level of satisfaction and input
- Current results are measured against previous results with the goal of improvement
- Current results are shared with team members
- Processes and operations are adjusted based on customer feedback
- Survey a cross section of customers monthly and annually
Batzner has a published process for customers to ask questions, give feedback or complain.
- A variety of ways including:
- Angie's List
- Better Business Bureau
Batzner offers the following non-traditional work arrangements for their team members:
- Project only work assignments (defined beginning and end time/goals)
- Temporary work assignments
- Seasonal work (summer, holiday)
- High school student employment opportunities
- Paid internships
- Post retirement work
The following scheduling options are available to hourly team members:
- Choose the beginning and end hours (9am-5pm or 8am-4pm) (case-by-case basis)
- Choose the number of hours in a day (Five 8-hour days or Four 10-hour days) (case-by-case basis)
- Work a reduced schedule during a certain time of the year (case-by-case basis)
- Choose when they take breaks
- Choose when they take meal breaks
- Work a guaranteed minimum number of hours per week
On average, hourly team members know their regular work schedule 1-2 weeks in advance.
Hourly team members usually know they will need to work overtime 2 weeks+ in advance.
The following scheduling options are available to salaried team members:
- Choose the beginning and end hours (9am-5pm or 8am-4pm)
- Work from an alternative location to accommodate a family need (case-by-case basis)
The following technologies are offered to team members to facilitate flexibility in the workplace:
- Company provided smartphones
- Company subsidized smartphone usage
- Video conferencing
- Remote access to organizational computer system
- Company provided laptops/tablet computers
- Wireless printers are available in the field
- Remote access for work schedules
- On line Payroll and Benefits portal
Batzner team members are encouraged to volunteer outside of scheduled work hours and can take unpaid time off to volunteer.
Team members are paid (under 24 hours per year) for work time they utilize to volunteer.
Batzner offers the following paid time off options for team members:
- Use of personal time or ill dependents
- Take an extended career break for care giving or other family responsibilities
- Bereavement time off for the passing of their family or partner
- Time off during the workday to attend to important family or personal needs (case-by-case basis)
Batzner’s budget and financial statements include a line item for team member training and development.
The purpose of Batzner's training is to offer team members the opportunity to be their best, retain team members, and to service our customers and is aligned with company goals.
- Batzner's investment in training and development applies to all team members
- As part of the training program team members are certified in the topic learned.
- Many courses are offered with evaluations at the completion of the session.
- Some Programs have a direct ROI as measured by Quality Audits, achievement of safety goals and client retention.
At Batzner, managers’ performance is appraised based on their ability to develop their team members.
Each year, Batzner plans for 40+ training hours for each team member.
- Varying degrees of time depending on position/department
The following training and development programs and amenities are offered to various team member groups:
- On-line Learning Management System (LMS)
- Participation in professional or trade organizations that is paid in full by the company
- Team members able to use work hours to participate in professional organization or trade association meetings, committees, and events
- Tuition reimbursement for degree granting education programs
- Tuition reimbursement for non-degree granting education programs
- Developmental opportunities for project assignments
- Career path planning for all team members
- Succession planning program or strategy
- One-to-one coaching, performance evaluations and/or 360 evaluations.
- Paid internships (hourly only)
- The opportunity to cross train in skills others than those in their current job responsibilities
- Training to enhance promotability
- Training to enhance current job skills
Batzner team members have the chance to participate in the following training and development programs:
- Communication skills
- Problem solving training
- Customer service
- Entry-level team member job skills
- How to orient a new team member
- Sales/business development
- Negotiation skills
- Performance management plan
- Technical skills training
- Culture/employment brand
- Consumer brand
- Time management
- Quality Pro Certifications
- State Certifications
- Master Training as part of the National Pest Management Association (NPMA)
- Purdue Pest Control Training - Certifications
The following programs are available to supervisory/management and executives:
- Life or career coach (internal or external resource) which is paid in full by the company
- The opportunity to work with external mentors
- Supervisory training for first time managers
- Supervisor/management skills
- Team member performance coaching